COVID-19 Update 04/01/21
Following the PMs announcement on 4th January 2021 – We are “open” until further notice – albeit with continued restrictions.
As the situation evolves and our regulatory bodies, namely, Public Health England and the NHS forward more information we will update our website accordingly.
Please stay safe and if you have any questions please email or call your local dentalessence practice.
Our current way of working
dentalessence has been able to provide safe, covid secure processes and protocols at all our sites as per government guidelines for some time now.
1. The doors will be locked during normal working hours and attendance is by appointment only – please call us when you arrive at the front door
2. We have hand sanitisers/gloves/masks at the entrances – should you forget to bring your own – please keep all belongings to a minimum
3. Cough screens at reception
4. We have “social distanced” all seating inside the buildings for some of our more elderly patients who may not be able to wait outside and for when the weather may be somewhat unpleasant.
5. All our staff will be in PPE and we advise you to attend your appointment wearing a face covering unless you have a valid exemption – evidence of this will be needed
6. We will respect any specific wishes of our patients to keep us all safe and protected
7. We are trialling a remote portal for your details to be updated so as to keep the process as contactless as possible – but if you struggle with this, don’t worry, call us and we will be more than happy to help you through the process
Emergency vs routine care:
There will be some variation between sites due to the level of NHS and private commitments that we have and to allow for social distancing.
If you already have an appointment booked please assume it will be honoured and please feel free to contact our front of house at any of our sites if you feel you wish to delay your appointment.
Although we are open to see patients – some sites may still delay some routine appts as the guidelines from Public Health England evolve. This may be on a daily basis so please do bear with us.
For now we advise that you call us to check your appointments are still going ahead to avoid any doubt.
You can also view our dental emergency advice. guide