This policy applies to all persons working for us or on our behalf in any capacity, including employees at all levels, Labs and suppliers. Dentalessence strictly prohibits the use of modern slavery and human trafficking in our operations and supply chain.
We have and will continue to be committed to implementing systems and controls aimed at ensuring that modern slavery is not taking place anywhere within our organisation or in any of our supply chains.
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Modern slavery is a term used to encompass slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour, bonded and child labour and human trafficking.
Human trafficking is where a person arranges or facilitates the travel of another person with a view to that person being exploited. Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights.
At dentalessence we expect everyone working with us or on our behalf to support and uphold the following measures to safeguard against modern slavery:
- We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery in our practice and our supply chains.
- The prevention, detection and reporting of modern slavery in any part of our practice or supply chain is the responsibility of all employees. Employees must not engage in, facilitate or fail to report any activity that might lead to, or suggest, a breach of this policy.
- Consistent with our risk based approach we may require:
- employment and recruitment agencies and other third parties supplying workers to our organisation to confirm their compliance with our Code of Conduct
- If we find that other individuals or organisations working on our behalf have breached this policy we will ensure that we take appropriate action. This may range from considering the possibility of breaches being remediated and whether that might represent the best outcome for those individuals impacted by the breach to terminating such relationships.