1st November 2020
Following the government’s press conference announcing a new lockdown of all non-essential businesses and leisure and entertainment venues, we confirm that all dentalessence practices will continue to remain open for continued patient care.
dentalessence has been able to provide safe, covid secure processes and protocols at all our sites as per government guidelines for some time now.
1. The doors will be locked during normal working hours and attendance is by appointment only – please call us when you arrive at the front door
2. We have hand sanitisers/gloves/masks at the entrances – should you forget to bring your own – please keep all belongings to a minimum
3. Cough screens at reception
4. We have “social distanced” all seating inside the buildings for some of our more elderly patients who may not be able to wait outside and for when the weather may be somewhat unpleasant.
5. All our staff will be in PPE and we advise you to attend your appointment wearing a face covering unless you have a valid exemption – evidence of this will be needed
6. We will respect any specific wishes of our patients to keep us all safe and protected
7. We are trialling a remote portal for your details to be updated so as to keep the process as contactless as possible – but if you struggle with this, don’t worry, call us and we will be more than happy to help you through the process
Emergency vs routine care:
There will be some variation between sites due to the level of NHS and private commitments that we have and to allow for social distancing we will still be running a basic service focusing on emergencies.
If you already have appts booked pre covid please assume they will be honoured and please feel free to contact our front of house at any of our sites if you feel you wish to delay your appointment.
We are slowly trying to return to some level of normality and although we are open to see patients – some sites may still delay some routine appts as the guidelines from public health england evolve. This may be on a daily basis so please do bear with us.
For now we advise that you call us to check your appointments are still going ahead to avoid any doubt.
You can also view our dental emergency advice. guide
Please stay safe and best wishes